Providing quality technical engineering support for Vela products and customers, and deliver service training to other regional Field Service Engineers.
Provides technical support and follow up on technical complaints.
Manage field installation readiness and schedule
Provide technical feedback and failure analysis to R&D Dept
Provide technical transfer of service procedures from R&D to Global Service Support
Duies & Responsibilities:
- rovide routine technical support to customers on operational and maintenance aspects of system equipment and perform on-site service, repair and/or installation of company product(s).
- Establish and implements practices and policies for process improvements and cost reduction measures during installation and PM procedures.
- Collect service related and MTBF data from install bases and provide gap analysis and feedback to R&D for resolution.
- Follow up on technical complaints by providing analysis, feedback and recommendations for closure of product and service-related issues.
- Ensuring service events are regularly tracked and recorded in Quality Management System and Sales Force.
- Improve product quality and cost and reduce customer complaints through a proactive program that includes interaction with internal network.
- Manage field installation and PM scheduling in a timely manner and to minimize disruption to customers’ daily operation schedule.
- Collate failure analysis data and feedback to R&D teams for improvements.
- Preparing and reviewing service quotations and contracts.
Job Requirements & Attributes:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Biomedical Engineering, or related field.
- At least 3 to 5 years of service experience preferably in medical device industry
- Able to be on standby and provide support on a rotation basis
- Required to perform regional travel on notice, including occasion overnight travel
- Knowledge of qPCR and NGS technology desired
- Experience on robotic sample handling and sample preparation equipment (e.g. SX101, epMotion or Hamilton) will be a plus
- Good written / verbal communication, organization and prioritization skills
- Effective customer service skills, which includes a positive attitude in customer interaction and maintenance of ongoing customer relationships
- High level of integrity and dependability with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work independently or in a team
- Promotes team spirit
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.