This is a great time to join Vela Diagnostics and innovate the next generation of laboratories. We are a fast growing company, with an impressive portfolio of over 30 products. Our Field Service team supports exciting products such as liquid handling, qPCR, and NGS systems for test use in research. Our US team is growing as we invest in expanding Vela Diagnostics’ market size.
Field based service engineer responsible for the maintenance of equipment offered by Vela Diagnostics. Services are predominantly provided for customers in hospital and reference laboratories.
- Provide on-site installation and validation of instruments.
- Preventative and corrective maintenance
- In-servicing/training laboratory personnel
- Perform hands-on on-site troubleshooting, service and repairs.
- Reports to field service calls and issues arising from the field service visits.
- Timely completes and submit all required paperwork.
- Communicate with the customer to ensure satisfaction.
- Studies schematics, manuals, and other specifications to determine installation procedures.
- Logs/documents all service calls.
- Other duties as assigned.
Quality System Requirements
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
BS in engineering (or equivalent). A minimum of 3 years direct related field service engineering experience is required. Experience with robotics, automation, chemical analyzers and software control system is preferred. Life Science experience is a plus. Applicant should have the ability to work independently and responsibly with a minimum amount of supervision. Applicant should possess excellent computer, troubleshooting and communication skills. Experience in a Linux environment a plus. Having familiarity with the use of all common electronic test equipment including Digital Multi-Meters, oscilloscopes and safety analyzers. The applicant should expect to travel approximately 75% of the time
Please contact email@example.com if interested.